VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, my problem: im not able to make Simon 3d run on my computer (Athlon XP 1800+, Win XP PRO updated, Geforce FX 5200). i get this message: "error creating renderer: render create message: vertex buffer 0 creation failed." the game works on a PII, Win XP PRO, Geforce 2 MX400, so i think the problem is the Geforce FX 5200. how can i set it properly to make Simon 3d work?
ciao 😉

Reply 3 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by meude hi, i have directx updated. i think the problem is really the new graphic card. i should try a way to downgrade it.

Perhaps. Might try decreasing your acceleration level in the DirectX control panel.

Also, did you already install the patch?

BTW, does anyone know if there was ever a demo created for this game? and if so, where it might be available?

Reply 4 of 9, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, i installed the patch too, but nothing happened. what do u mean decreasing the directx acceleration level? a demo is a waste of time for this game: the full game is absolutely worth to be downloaded, my word.
ciao

Reply 5 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by meude what do u mean decreasing the directx acceleration level?

Go to your desktop properties by right clicking your desktop and choosing Properties.
Select the Settings tab, and click on Advanced.
Choose the Troubleshoot tab.
Slide the bar labeled "Hardware Acceleration" to a reduced acceleration level. (I suggest the minimal needed for 3D)
Click OK.
Click OK to exit.

Try all the settings, but the minimal 3D-acceleration has the best shot at success.

..a demo is a waste of time for this game: the full game is absolutely worth to be downloaded, my word.

Err...I was just looking for a demo for troubleshooting purposes.

Reply 6 of 9, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, at last Simon 3d is running good on my system. it seems the problem was caused by the graphics card drivers: i recently installed the newest drivers from Nvidia and magically the game has started to run smoothly since.
ciao

Reply 7 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by meude i recently installed the newest drivers from Nvidia and magically the game has started to run smoothly since.

Curious. That never seems to work for me... In any case:

"...and there was much rejoicing. Yea."

Reply 8 of 9, by ClémentXVII

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Something that also helps is unloading *all* the programs running in backgound / on the taskbar. I had some difficulties loading it up in '98 that I sloved just like that.

You might try it... you'll never know!