VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi all,i'm having this problem for a few years,but now i really get angry so i deicded to ask for your help.i have win xp sp2 ,and i use dosbox for all dos games,but for some games i used to run them under win xp.suddenly,without nay chenges in my system,everytime i start a dos games,a pop error appears and says this:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8196/provaxj1.jpg

yep,is in italian but the translation is this

"subsystem msdos at 16 bit
cpu ntvdm has encountered an invalid instruction cs000 ip etc choose "close" for terminate applcation"...any help?

Reply 2 of 10, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ah ok..well,i used mainly win xp for dos games for..you know..hearing those blips in the pcspeaker...since dosbox emulates thhose bleeps through audio card..is there a way to hear the bips through pc speaker in dosbox?

Reply 4 of 10, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Huh? I play PC speaker-only games like Dragon Wars and Space Rogue in DOSBOX, and they sound fine (I mean like what they sound through real PC speaker).

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 6 of 10, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Real 'bleeps' (as in from your PC speaker itself) will always sound more authentic - the sound tends to be sharper and cleaner. DOSBOX's PC speaker feels a lot softer and warmer in sound so I can see why he'd prefer the real thing.

Reply 8 of 10, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Real 'bleeps' (as in from your PC speaker itself) will always sound more authentic - the sound tends to be sharper and cleaner. DOSBOX's PC speaker feels a lot softer and warmer in sound so I can see why he'd prefer the real thing.

yes,exactly!i solved using vmware,which seems to use pc speaker perfectly

Reply 10 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
red_avatar wrote:

Huh? Last I heard, a lot of newer PCs only had a cheap piezo noisemaker that is supposedly much less capable than the PC speakers of yore. Is that not the case?