VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got myself a budget priced copy of Gamefest Pinball Classics (which includes all four Pro Pinball games) and I've specifically been trying to get Big Race USA to work. The game itself runs pretty well, but after deciding to toss my Creative X-Fi sound card for unrelated reasons, I noticed that the game started playing all the sound at hyper speed, probably twice the sample rate it should be.

I had my brother try it on his computer, with the same result - but he also recently bought a new sound card, which caused the hyper sound issues to go away. This leads me to believe that the issue is specific to the onboard sound hardware we're using.

My computer is a Dell XPS, Pentium D 3.0 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, GeForce 8800 GTX with Realtek HD 97 onboard sound chip. I'm running Windows XP Home, service pack 2. The sound drivers are up to date, and I've installed both patches for Big Race (the 1.15 Data Update and the 1.18 Program Update).

Is the hyper sound a known issue? Is there a patch for it available, or will I need to dig up an old sound card from somewhere?

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 2 of 2, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Turning it down by two notches fixes the issue - I'm a bit worried about whether this will affect my other games, though. We'll see, I suppose. Thanks!

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png