VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Now here's something I have very rarely seen until recently - the STOP ERROR BSOD in Windows 2000.

The only thing I can think is causing it is my "new" graphics card, a Gainward 7800GS+ Bliss Golden Sample AGP 512MB. I am using the latest nVidia drivers.

System:
Asrock aLive-dualSATA2
AM2 5400+
2GB RAM
on-board sound .
PSU is a Blue Storm which I think is 500W - at least, it meets the 7800 PSU requirement and is a decent quality PSU afaik.

Previously it ran a 6800GT without problems, all I have done is replace the video card.

I get the BSOD crashes on exiting WoW. Sometimes WoW crashes itself, locks up, etc.

Any ideas?

Pretty annoying as I only bought the 7800 as it was supposed to be the fastest AGP card ever made. [The board can take PCI-E but this card could eventually end up in an AGP system at my next round of upgrades].

Thanks.

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

According to http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/viewtopi … &t=142&start=15
the 181.22 drivers work in Windows 2000

Can't verify myself since I don't have a computer with an AGP slot around.....or an extra computer with a PCI express slot for that matter.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The drivers might work on windows 2000, but they're not recommended for Geforce 7 and 6 series. The 94.24 are still the most recommended for these cards.