VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by flamefury42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have quested through many different tries to get this game to work on Windows XP. There has been no hope, now I don't know a lot about dosbox and other things. So can somebody give me instructions, if anybody has this game and has it running on xp with a program. Please it's been a long time and unfortunately I have no older computers sitting in the closet, as far I know this game is elite and can't run because a General Protection Fault everytime I try the Compatibility Mode. Visual Themes and 256 Colors with 640x480 does not work 🤣.

I would appreciate if someone can tell me how to get this game to work, and also, if there is no hope for me to play this game, at LEAST to get this whole GAME on VIDEO would be GREAT, please and thank you 😀.

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It looks like this is a Pre-Windows 95 game. If you are playing the Windows version it's likely 16bit and something it's doing may be incompatible with NTVDM. If so your only option there (Unless somewhere here has the game to troubleshoot the issue) is to load the game up in Virtual PC/Vmware with Windows 98 and play the game there.

If you have the DOS version then play the game in DOSBox.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline