VOGONS

Common searches

Stonekeep Problem - This Program does not support full screen mode?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by markrichardb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I've got Vista, but have trouble playing old DOS games. Recently I bought Stonekeep and was hoping to run it on Windows. It installed fine, then I run Setup and it warns me "This Program does not support fullscreen mode." I configure the sound, try to save & exit, but that message "This Program does not support fullscreen mode" pops up again. I run the game but it tells me to go run setup, which I can't because it won't let me finish!

This isn't the first time either. I've got the entire Eye Of Beholder series, downloaded DosBox, somehow managed to follow the confusing tutorials, and what happens? "This Program does not support fullscreen mode." I've gone into properties and ran compatibility mode for windows 95, tried starting it in windowed mode, tried setting the resolution to 640 - 480 resolution, nothing works.

Reply 1 of 2, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Vista no longer supports full-screen DOS programs. That message does not pop up when using DOSBox, however. So if you got that while using DOSBox, you must've done something wrong there (such as not actually using it). Compatibility mode is not needed to run DOSBox. Let us know exactly what you're doing. Spell out each step, as you're far more likely to give too little information than too much. We can help you if we have too much info, not if we have too little.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 2 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Also - please take a note of description of this, the Windows sub-forum:

Getting old Windows games working.

How does that match the first sentence of your post:

So I've got Vista, but have trouble playing old DOS games.

Re-think, then re-post, because I am going to lock this thread.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions