VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RedRork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

I came accros alot of guides to installing and running NFS II SE on XP. But i'm having the same problem over and over.

Alright here goes my explanation.

I installed the game (full installation) and installed the .sdb files (for the normal one and the 3dfx version). The normal software version runs fine. But the 3dfx version does start but when I want to race it lags like hell?!

I tried different settings on DGvoodoo (version 1.50 beta 2) but no matter what I do or change it keeps on lagging. In one desperate attempt I tried using an older version (1.30) and yes the lagging was less! But still no smooth fps.

So my system is:

- Windows XP (service pack 3 installed)
- Intel E8500 dual core processor @3.69 ghz
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 295
- 2 gig ram @800Mhz
- 2 HDD @ 7200 rpm (both 500gig)

The .SDB files have the following enabled:

- CorrectFilePaths
- EmulateGetDiskFreeSpace
- GlobalMemoryStatusLie

(also tried -ProsAffinity *or something like that* but also made no difference)

Oh and on a site note when I install the full game and don't use any .sdb files the game won't even start.

So PLEASE help me. I just want to play the game in 3DFX and I think the Glide Wrapper is the problem here, since older version makes the game less lagging....

Reply 1 of 1, by RedRork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay so I managed to get it working.

What I did was I installed the game (full) and DIDN'T install any of the .sdb files. I only copied the DGvoodoo 1.50 files and the nfs2sea.exe and now it works! Only the sound has some weird stuttering... any ideas?