VOGONS

Common searches

Shogo MAD: Fire button gets "stuck"...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just installed Shogo: Mobile Armor division on my Windows 98SE system. Once I turned on most of the advanced graphical settings, the game seemed to work fine, although there are pops and crackles in the audio from time to time, no matter what sound settings I use.

However, after playing it a while, I noticed that half the time the game doesn't fire when you click the button and when it does fire, there's a good chance that it will get stuck and continue firing, even when you release the button. This will continue even after re-loading a saved game. To get it to stop you have to click the button again. As you can imagine, this can be a real pain in the ass, especially if you're trying to duck around a corner, fire a missile and then move back to safety. You move back around the corner and the game fires a rocket right into the wall in front of you.

I don't have any special mouse drivers loaded, it's just a standard 3-button wheel mouse. I've also checked and the mouse button appears to be working fine.

Anyone else ever have this problem, or have any ideas what I can do to fix it?

Reply 1 of 1, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Never mind. Apparently it was just the batteries in my cordless mouse going dead. I've just never seen the button keep registering like that. I also have no clue why the buttons always seem to be the first thing affected when the batteries get weak. In any case, it didn't happen again after changing the batteries, and I've now finished both endings to the game.