VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello folks - I bought myself an Asus Eee PC netbook, and tried this game (I have the Gold edition) in VMware player under Win 98SE guest just now. The game's startup screen came onscreen, (it was previously installed in my 4.7 GB disc backup of my Win 98SE OS for VMware Player that I had running on another computer from approx. 6 months ago) I clicked "play" and I got a black screen with part of the guest's green desktop showing on the bottom and on the right of this black screen bearing a message: "DD::setDisplayMode no such mode 640x480x16". My guest's available display settings are: 16 colors, 256 colors, and True Color (32-bit). How do I get a High Color (16-bit) setting in this guest?

I already have the VMware Tools installed in this guest from 6 months ago before backing it up on a blank DVD.

Reply 3 of 3, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

whats the host o/s of you netbook prophecy wont run in d3d in vmware
and it runs fine in xp

Oh, I'm sorry - my netbook's host OS is Windows XP Home_sp3.

I'm going to install it in my netbook's host OS and try this - thanks.

EDIT - Just installed and tested WC Prophecy in my netbook's XP host. The game runs but the movies skip very much so. I've got turbo to slow down the game, I think my netbook has a 1.6 GHz processor.

Would turbo make the movies in Prophecy run smoothly with no skipping?
If so, what percentage do I set Turbo to?