VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Atreides

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys
I just recently got dosbox working with some old games, and I am having problems with two of them. I am using a bat file to open and autostart games, and so far it has worked on all of them except two.
The bat file looks like this

"C:\location\dosbox.exe" "C:\game location\drbrain3.exe" -exit -fullscreen

I had grabbed this coding off of another thread in this forum, and it worked for most of the games.
So with dr. brain 3 (The lost mind of dr brain) dosbox will start and then exits. With legend of kyrandia 3 I get a message stating that it needs a cd-rom device mounted to work. I have searched and found how to mount a cd-rom device in dosbox, but I tried to implement it in a bat file with no success. Here is what I tried.

"C:\location\dosbox.exe" "C:\game location\kyrandia.exe" -t cdrom -iotcl  -exit -fullscreen

I tried moving the -t cdrom -iotcl in different places but nothin really helped. I appreciate any feedback I can get on this, and this is a really cool program. The game that this works on for me it works flawlessly.

Reply 3 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Atreides wrote:
[…]
Show full quote
"C:\location\dosbox.exe" "C:\game location\kyrandia.exe" -t cdrom -iotcl  -exit -fullscreen

This is meaningless and mounts nothing. I think if you want to mount a drive and run a program, you're going to either use the -c switch or the -conf switch (in which case you could specify the relevant command in the autoexec section).

Really, though, it might be easier to run Kyrandia 3 in ScummVM.