VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Micha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi ,
I tryd to get team apache from simis to work with zeckensacks glidewrapper to use the high resolution option but the game does not found the graphic driver of the glidewrapper. Any sugestions ?

tHANK YOU

Micha

Reply 2 of 6, by Micha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Davros, Team Apache is a 3dfx game and so it is made to work for glide
i think. But i dont know how to chose the glide driver in start options.
There are only the d3d drivers availble.

Greetings Micha

Reply 3 of 6, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If the game is installed on a system with a suitable 3dfx card, the Native 3dfx option will appear when you click Change Video Driver in the launcher menu after the game has been run at least once. If the game is installed on a machine without a 3dfx card, the Native 3dfx option will not appear (no matter how many times you run the game). When you click Change Video Driver, you may be able to see a small message box which is labeled MProfile and a text area that says "Profiling..." When you see this message, the program is testing for the presence of renderers.

I have two Pentium III machines that are similar except for the fact that one has a Voodoo5 card and one has a GeForce4 TI-4200. If I copy the Glide2x.dll from C:\Windows\System on the Voodoo machine to the same folder on the machine with the GeForce4 card, I see the Native 3dfx option in the renderer list. Copying the Glide3x.dll has no effect on what renderers appear in the list.

Reply 4 of 6, by Micha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Akula , thank you for help. I did checked out what you said but had no sucess. I can put the glide 2x.dll on any place i want but in the video option
is no 3dfx .This is what i can chose when i click "change video drivers.
Direct3 d primary hardware
pentium2 software renderer
Direct 3 d ramp
Can you please try for me to get teamapache to work with zeckensacks glide wrapper on your machine with the gforce 4.
So i know this is not a usless surch if it works for you.

Thank you
micha

Reply 5 of 6, by Micha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, my computer dealer said to me this game has no glide support.
The 3dfx symbol on the game cover means the game supports 3dfx cards
but the game use the d3d standard which is available for voodocards too.
So is no way to get this game run for a glidewrapper.
Dungeonkeeperd3d has the the same problem i think.
But thanks for help.
Greetings micha