VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Even though Sierra games will work on Windows 7 64-bit, their install programs will not. Occasionally I can find sites where people make their own install programs which will work on Windows 7 64-bit, but right now I am having trouble with Football Pro 97.

Does anyone know how to get this working either by editing files after copying them to Hard Drive, or with a universal install program that will somehow convert 16-bit to 64-bit compatibility?

Sorry, I know understand the bit thing except that Windows removed 16 bit compatibility for no reason whatever 😏

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Supposedly it was AMD, not MS. Give me some time to look into it and I'll see what I can do.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There are "unpackers" for InstallShield and many other popular installers, but I don't know if Sierra uses any of those.

If all else fails you can just install the program in a virtual machine, and then (if you don't want to play it in the virtual machine) copy the files back to your Win7 installation. You might have some trouble if it requires particular registry entries, though.