VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh God, I got it!!!

After tries and tries, I apparently solved through a switch that I "unchecked" in the control panel of the FastVoodoo 4.6 drivers. I toggle that every frame is synced with the videocard "vertical sync I think".

In the FastVoodoo 4.6 drivers you have to go on the panel Voodoo2 OC (probably a plug in inside the drivers to overclock the card) and uncheck the "Don't sync buffer swaps to monitor refresh rate for Glide (and Direct3D too).

I click on FACTORY DEFAULT too, just to put the video card to 90mhz (I had before 94mhz I don't know if this can cause that block).

Immediately after this the game runs fine. No colour problems, no other problems. I have to try the 800x600 resolution now. Let's see.

PS: I have enabled the SLI mode without problems, it run.

I keep you informed!

Computer lover since 1992.
Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 21 of 22, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, this is incredible.

I made it work ONE TIME, but after that, it never worked anymore.

Artifacts, or black screen another time.

I don't know what to say really, I just seen one time working good, stop. Incredibile. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 22 of 22, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And sometimes after it load the mission it crashes with this error:

Attachments

• mech2.jpg
    Filename
    mech2.jpg
    File size
    433.23 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    3dfx voodoo2 mech2 error crash
    File license
    Public domain

Love beer, too.