VOGONS

Common searches

Wipeout XL

Topic actions

First post, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Has anybody managed to get this working in XP with SP3? I installed with compatibility set to windows 95 then tried all the different compatibility modes on wipeout2.exe but it crashes back to the desktop after the splash screen and non playing intro video although I can hear it ok.

I've heard of a woxl_patch but every link I find is down

Anybody help please?

Reply 1 of 7, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a WO forum that has all the files hosted in various members' locations. I grabbed them a couple of months back, so I'll upload them once I get home.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 3 of 7, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is just a dump of my Wipeout patches folder. I haven't checked - because I don't have it installed - but I think the one you're after is "woxl_slowdownpatch.zip", as it has a woxl_patch subfolder (I may have renamed the file to differentiate it from the others).

There may be duplicate patches in this archive; I ganked everything I could find because there was a suggestion that there were different patch versions for 2097 and XL.

Attachments

• Filename
    Wipeout.7z
    File size
    1.84 MiB
    Downloads
    660 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 4 of 7, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's probably worth adding that if you use Nvidia drivers the game doesn't work with newest drivers (turning into a black flickery nothingness from te menu onwards), so you'll need older drivers to get it to work.

This forum may or may not help too: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay … WipEout-XL-2097

Reply 5 of 7, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the help. I'm actually trying to get this to work in a virtual machine having had great success in the past with other games this one is proving a bugger. Parallels desktop with xp sp3 installed. Still nothing with the patches just wondering if it is the parallels video driver that is the issue unless nobody else has had this running in xp with sp3 thats the only conclusion i can come to

Reply 7 of 7, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry about that but with a combination of parallels running xp with sp3 and vmware running xp with sp2 I have got a vast majority of old games running great with the exception of this game and twisted metal