VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by commodorejohn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used to have a book titled "Programming Games for Beginners" that detailed how to make games in Visual Basic on Windows 3.1. It came with a pack-in disk with the source and resource files as well as compiled binaries (since this was back when VB was shareware and unregistered users weren't allowed to compile!) Surprisingly, given the platform and toolkit, the games weren't total crap (though the poker program was buggy and would cheat.)

I still have the book, but I lost the disk a long time ago. I can find copies of the book for sale online, but none of them have the disk, that I can tell (seems like some editions came with a CD instead, but they don't have that, either.) Most of the games I don't much care for, but "Space Miner" (a Galaga sort of deal) came with a cool little MIDI tune, the one thing that I'd really like to get ahold of. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find it on abandonware sites; there's a DOS game by that title, but it's a completely different thing.

Just in the off chance anyone here knows what I'm talking about, is there anywhere that this game disk can be found?