VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by northernosprey02

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have GeForce 2 MX on HP Vectra VL600, my Vectra rig are really really boring without good games when I have good graphics card.

What is good games for GF2MX on my Vectra?

And send me instruction how to install Glide wrapper properly. I strive continually, but zero, nothing works.

Reply 1 of 15, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Geforce2 MX = no pixel shaders = no wrapper. Period.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 3 of 15, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could certainly use old Glide wrappers from that era. I remember using a wrapper with a TNT2 (but only for UltraHLE).

And a Geforce2 MX400 is definitely a lot faster than a Matrox G400, even if the memory bandwith is about the same.

Reply 7 of 15, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remember that the original Deus Ex ran poorly on a Geforce2 MX especially when using 32-bit color, which was the reason I upgraded to a Geforce3 Ti. So I assume that GTA3 would similarly struggle on a Geforce2 MX.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 8 of 15, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Geforce 2 in general does poorly with 32bit color. These cards are very inefficient. 2MX is essentially a halved GTS all around and so it's just as bandwidth limited.

Reply 9 of 15, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've used a GF2 MX myself for a while, you'd be best to only use it for games along the Y2K barrier, anything past 2001 is gonna be slow.
It's not too bad though, but see if you can get a GTS in there.

Reply 12 of 15, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

GTA 3 run okish on Radeon 8500 and poorly on GeForce 4, so GeForce 2 MX is out of luck. Good games I recall playing with it were RTCW, Colin McRae Rally 2.0, Operation Flashpoint, Shogun, IL-2 Sturmovik. 1024x768x32 is the usual limit of playability.

Reply 13 of 15, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah GTA3 was murder on systems at the time, it wasn't untill GF3 that mainstream cards could do it really, unless you had an ULTRA or something wacky.
I wish it would let me try it with my V2 SLI for laughs.