VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hatröss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to install the A3D Demos that come with the 2048 drivers here:
http://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Hardware/multimedia … 048/index-e.htm

The drivers in that package install OK. I first tried to install using Audio Properties of the A3D tray program and then to the Demos tab. The disk rattles for a minute or so and that is that.
Next I click the Demos tab again it will again ask to install.

If I try to install manually by unpacking A3DDemos.exe and running setup this seems to work (file copy progress indicator) but at the end there is a message box with "severe" in it's title bar
and the text: "HTML documents failed to register". Again no demos become available under the tray program.

This has been done on a full, clean install of Win98SE. Also the wavetracing demo works (and sounds good to my ears) so that's why I think the drivers installed OK.

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Reply 1 of 4, by leonardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've had a similar issue on Windows 95 with the demos just flat out refusing to install.

I discovered that while nothing was being displayed the files were in fact copied over only to be erased after something goes wrong. I solved the problem by copying all the files from the target directory to another when the set up program was running. Then I copied them back to the target location that was emptied. This did not make the demos visible in the control panel applet. However if you run the installer with all the files already in place, it works.

If you want, I can attach the installation directory as I have it to this thread (it was a bit tricky getting all the files since the copy process only takes a moment and the files are gone so soon you might not have time to get them).

[Install Win95 like you were born in 1985!] on systems like this or this.

Reply 2 of 4, by Hatröss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes please, I'd like to have the files. After posting I also installed IE5 to see if that fixed it. This stuff after all is from the "This program requires IE 4 or higher" bullshit era. IE5 did not fix it.
And with your files I can probably go back to IE-less Windows 95.

Reply 3 of 4, by leonardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here ya go!

This needs to be extracted in C:\Program Files\Aureal\Aureal Vortex A3D Demos

Then run the setup utility and the demos should then appear in the Demos tab in the Aureal Vortex control panel applet.

Last edited by leonardo on 2015-09-07, 18:22. Edited 2 times in total.

[Install Win95 like you were born in 1985!] on systems like this or this.