VOGONS

Common searches

PCI/AGP card combo?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Kurasiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok guys, the issue is resolved. It seems that the motherboard was the problem, as it completely died the next day (from reasons unknown). I got an ASUS Cubx, based on Intel 440BX with one ISA slot as the replacement, put in the exact same configuration (it's a socket 370 as well, so no problems there), and everything is working properly now. Thanks for all the advices and your time, though. 😀

Reply 21 of 23, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I also hame a cubx board, looks solid, didn't have a chance to try it out though.

Considering the passthrough cable, the problem is definitely overhyped. In order to preserve my precious IBM CRT I use 2 passthrough cables: 1 short from host card to Voodoo, one 1.8m from Voodoo to make sure the monitor cable does not die from regular bending.

btw, my current rig has 4 videocards (usually disabled onboard S3Trio3D, TNT2, Voodoo 2 SLI) and works perfectly.

Reply 22 of 23, by Kurasiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

4 cards? Wow, that's nice! 😀
Well, the noticeable blur at 1280x1024 really does strain my eyes after a while, but on 640x480/800x600 there are barely any differences. And the game I've tested run flawlessly (eye straining-wise), even on high resolutions in D3D/passthrough.

Reply 23 of 23, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It really depends on the cable a lot... I don't notice any blur at 1600x1200 in D3D, however, my monitor is only 17" and pixels can not be destinguished 😀