VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kurasiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So once again I have a (at least a minor this time) problem with my Voodoo card. At first I was paranoid, as I though I bought another busted card - there are weird colour issues on the textures - they are inproperly coloured and sometimes flashing all sorts of funky colours (textures only, any other 2D sprites on the screen are drawn properly). However this problem appears ONLY on selected games, not all of them. FFVII and DHT1 for example, feature this problem, while Croc or DHT2 don't. What could be the issue here? This appeared both on DirectX 7.0a and 8.1 installed. I also tried installing different 3Dfx drivers (both the latest [3.01.00], the Iceman modified ones, and stepping down to [3.00.01]), and it didn't help. Any advice, anyone?
The card is 3Dfx Voodoo 1 4MB.

Games having the colouring issue:
*Die Hard Trilogy 1
*Final Fantasy VII
*G-Police

Games working fine:
*Croc 1
*Starshot: Space Circus Fever
*Die Hard Trilogy 2
*Glover
*Blaze and Blade

Reply 3 of 3, by Kurasiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Jorpho: yes, I installed the official patch, it only made possible to play on GeForce 3, but the issue with 3Dfx driver is still there.

@leileilol: no, the autoexec doesn't have any new lines, and nothing was added after installing the drivers. Though yes, I found the variables description table earlier. You think it has to do something with them?