VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kimo_Xvirus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Is there a program that disables vertical mouse sensitivity (through cmd or something) before launching a game in windows? I want something like this to play Windows Wolf3D mods without vertical mouse movement

Last edited by Kimo_Xvirus on 2015-10-10, 05:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IIRC wolf has no vertical movement, you cant look up
I can do it with my saitek gm3200
KmcKwxe.jpg

perhaps ppjoy would help (dont know never used it)

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 3, by Kimo_Xvirus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wolf3D didn't let you look up or down but the vertical mouse movement made you move forward/backwards. I wanted to disable this to have a modern WASD+Mouse feeling while playing Wolf3D on windows. (There is already a solution for DOS Wolf3D)

Anyway I looked deeply into this, and it seems to find a general solution for this one would have to have a mouse driver that allows such a thing or modify windows DirectInput, coding this would have been too difficult for me, so I found another solution I took the SDL source (SDL is used by all windows Wolf3D mods) and changed 2 lines to disable all y-axis mouse motion and compiled it, then I replaced the SDL.dll bundled with the Wolf3D mod and tested it. It works!

I've uploaded it here in case someone wants it

Reply 3 of 3, by Sprite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

X-Mouse, a jack of all trades mouse utility that sits in the system tray and makes my Windows existence happier in dozens of big and little ways, seems to support axis locking, which sounds like what you're talkin' about.

Jz57fyq.png