VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bakcom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is a common problem discussed everywhere. I haven't found solutions that work for me but maybe someone here knows something...

Running TLJ (4 CD, version 142) on WinXP + modern Nvidia, parts of the 3D models flicker constatly (the characters over the 2D background). I'm not driver-forcing antialiasing, which people mentioned as a possible cause. The problem remains with update v161 (which is supposedly not for the 4 CD version of the game, but I extracted it manually).

The mind boggles, but unlike XP+Nvidia, it does work properly on Win8+Intel HD 4000. The 3D models render okay, and the only problem I noticed so far is that message popups appear as white squares, for example, the quit confirmation. It did crash initially when you walked to a different game screen, but that was fixed by setting the EXE to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

Any idea how to get it to work properly on XP + Nvidia?

I'll settle for W8+Intel HD if there's no choice, though I'll have to figure out if I can get it to nearest-neighbor scale by x2 to 960px height instead of the blurry 1080px. I also wouldn't mind being able to force-AA, but I can live without that.