VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by weirdocollector

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi to everyboy !

Has someone managed to make WARHAMMER 40K - CHAOS GATE to work under Windows XP ?

I've installed the game, but clicking on 'Play' it just doesn't start....

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Fabio.

Reply 1 of 7, by weirdocollector

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some developement.

The game requires a graphic library called 'wing32.dll'; I downloaed this file from the Net, and put it in the 'windows/system32' directory.

Now the game attempts to start; the screen goes black for a few seconds, but it leaves you back to the desktop.

Any hint ??

Thanks again.

Fabio.

Reply 2 of 7, by Nomad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You can right click on the WH40k.exe and set the property 'run in compatability mode to: Windows 95 or windows 98.' But the game still kicks you out during the cultists move.

I've tried setting sound acceleration to none (I found this solution on the net somewhere) but it doesn't help. Makes the videos play nicely though...

If anybody can figure out how to get this game running, I would be most gratefull.

Imagine a world where we can play all DOS games. Wouldn't it be nice?

Reply 3 of 7, by Twisp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having the same problems, only under 2000. I did the compatibility mode, and now instead of not running, my screen goes black, then desktop. Anyone out there have a solution?

cheers.

Reply 4 of 7, by Twisp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It wont help it work any, but I also tried other tactics posted in these forums; mainly the ones on Spacehulk. None of them worked.

I still cannot understand why it works fine on my GF's windows 98, and wont run at _all_ on my windows 2000.