VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xandman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok this is weird 'cause phantas 1 and GK2 run fine once u do that trick where u bypass the system test but phantas2 keeps comming up with errors saying it hasnt been installed properly, and it cant install all the files, if i didnt know any better id say the disc is damaged but its in perfect condition and the last time i ran it on my last windows 98 comp it ran fine. now when i try to load it it just comes up with a panic button 999 resource bla bla bla - make sure all your cd drivers are properly installed - which basicly means [from previous info i gathered] that it cant find all needed files. can anyone help? cheers

Reply 2 of 9, by xandman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah im trying to run it on xp - i dont know why its not running when phantas1 and gk2 use the same engine or whatever and they work. i really want to run it now cause ive just hooked my new pc up to my tv and it makes those old fmv games look a lot better - gk2 and phantas1 u cant see the pixels at all, it looks really clear, so since phantas 2 is in high colour it should be almost dvd quality! [well at least mpeg1 quality!] plus the big speakers make it sound really good too! and the bigger screen...

Reply 3 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Make sure that your configuration file is pointing to the CD drive. Look for lines like "resAud=E:\" or what ever your CD's drive letter is.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 9, by xandman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

cheers but if i run the dos version within xp im assuming it wont be running above 8 bit colour, which phant 2 just looks awful in. gk2 and phant 1 look better than phant2 in 8 bit! can sum1 tell me why if earlier sierra games run that use the same sci engine why doesnt phant 2 run?

Reply 6 of 9, by Jules13

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

that's wierd. I just tried installing it and it gets to about 30% intalled and it askes if i want to register, i click 'no' and then a window says it wasnt completely installed...what's up with that?

Reply 8 of 9, by tomlow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to run it pretty well in dosbox now, smooth mouse and movies.
but the game is often freezing and crashing... really irritating.

anyone?

Reply 9 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah it's all very ironic because Phantas1 works fine in XP.

You can try using VirtualPC or VMWare. Do a virtual Win98 install. But I never got the game to work in native XP. The DOS version uses lower quality video decoding unfortunately.