VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi, I have a P4 system with an Audigy and a creative vibra 128 and a Ti4600. Problem is I couldn't make my Audigy work under Windows 3.11. I can somehow emulate the audigy under dos using the sbeinit.exe utility using the emulated port of 220. But I can never make windows 3.11 recognize it after using the dos drivers. Is it because it always defaults to the I/O Port c400? Is it possible to use Port 220 by default?

Is there ANY way of making my Audigy card or my Creative Vibra 128 card work under windows 3.11?

And is there any way of using higher display modes under Win3.11 using my Geforce4 card?

If there are any drivers, kindly post the link.

Thanks. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply 1 of 8, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

heh hey dude, what the fuck are you trying to do anyway? using win 3.11 on a p4 with an audigy card?? 😁
your vibra might work if you get the drivers, but the audigy will NEVER work out on windows 3.11 😜

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 2 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You see, I'm having 3 different partitions in my hard disk for 3 different OSs : WinXP Pro, W98 SE, and the Classic DOS 6.22 & Win3.11 FWG combo.

I can multiboot to each partition, since all these are bootable partitions.

I have no prob with WinXP and W98 since I have installed both the drivers for them. (Audigy & Vibra).

Thanks anyway.

Reply 3 of 8, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awww now we're getting somewhere... 🤣 Anyway Malik, forget about Audigy on Windows 3.11, nor creative either microsft has the right drivers for this o.s.

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 4 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, if you're desperate to run Win 3.xx, then your best bet is to use a DOS and/or full PC emulator, or just build a PC that's old enough to have drivers.

Another option is to try running your Windows 3.x software in Win98 or WinXP.

Reply 5 of 8, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was looking for win3.1 drivers for my geforce fx 5200 with little success. However i found that the last nVidia card with win3.1 drivers was riva tnt. So you can just buy it or any other older card that have win3.1 drivers and use it for your win3.1. Same with sound card.

Reply 6 of 8, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sound Blaster PCI cards doesn't have Win3.1 drivers at all... For what I Know, the last sound card with Win3.11 drivers released was the Awe64...

Reply 7 of 8, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

You see, I'm having 3 different partitions in my hard disk for 3 different OSs : WinXP Pro, W98 SE, and the Classic DOS 6.22 & Win3.11 FWG combo.

I can see absolutely *no* reason why anyone would need/want to run a Win3.11 setup. DOS, yeah maybe for some very old and dodgy stuff I suppose but V3 of Windows - you really are into self punishment!

Reply 8 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why I want to use Win3.11? Well, it's just for nostalgic sake, if for nothing else. I've been using the pc from late 80's with games like Starfleet, Loadrunner, Karateka,etc,etc..

Sometimes, I just feel like collecting and playing all the classics. Even the early 90's saw some very good batch of games.

The Windows 3.11 has it's charm on it's own. Though of course not as advanced as today's supercharged Windows 2000 and XP, it's still fun to tinker with all the stuff.

I still have my Sierra games like the King's Quest V,VI and the Quest For Glory series, some of which run under Windows 3.11. And not to mention other Windows 3.11 compatible games like Earthsiege 2.

Just for fun and nostalgic sake,guys. Just for it.

I guess you're right : better to get an older pc with Riva TNT board. I already have my trusty old Sound Blaster AWE 32.

Thanks.