Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by RetroLizard

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2020-05-28, 15:50:
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-28, 15:34:
RetroLizard wrote on 2020-05-28, 15:13:

This is partially false. The installer requires a modern version of Windows, but the actual game will run on Windows 95/98 just fine.

Also it doesn't use dgVoodoo (I don't think any GOG games do). If it did it wouldn't list DirectX 9.0c as the minimum requirement, but DirectX 11.

Well, in that case, did they modify it some other way? It doesn't seem to be the same as the Steam version if the reviews are any indication.

Not that I can tell. It's simply packaged in an installer that won't run on anything below the minimum OS requirement. (Not the game itself, but the installer for the game)

Reply 21 of 22, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RetroLizard wrote on 2020-05-28, 16:48:
Jorpho wrote on 2020-05-28, 15:50:
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-28, 15:34:

Also it doesn't use dgVoodoo (I don't think any GOG games do). If it did it wouldn't list DirectX 9.0c as the minimum requirement, but DirectX 11.

Well, in that case, did they modify it some other way? It doesn't seem to be the same as the Steam version if the reviews are any indication.

Not that I can tell. It's simply packaged in an installer that won't run on anything below the minimum OS requirement. (Not the game itself, but the installer for the game)

They fixed the z-Buffer issue that prevented 3D acceleration from working on AMD GPUs with all recent drivers.

They also removed the requirement to launch the game in windowgui mode on Windows XP-7, apparently by making that the default but also removing the window borders and setting the Desktop to 640x480 so that it appears fullscreen. You can tell by the menus not taking advantage of dgVoodoo and the Desktop staying at 640x480 when the game quits unexpectedly.

Reply 22 of 22, by wildstoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Rekrul, I started that other thread about JK2.

As others have said, later drivers (for both nVidia and ATI/AMD) are bad on XP.

Your GT430 came out in October 2010, so the earliest driver that actually supports your card must be around 260.99?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/windows/ … 99-whql-driver/

You can try rolling back to that driver and see if it sorts DF2 out, but bear in mind that the earliest drivers that support new cards as they hit the market may have other problems on those cards that are fixed in later drivers (before even later drivers inevitably introduce different problems!).