VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI!

i have installed Superbike 2000 and as to be expected with these old ea games, it fails to start - it will show the EA its in the game splash screen, but then it goes back to desktop

I cannot be sure but i suspect the issue is with the system requirements check that the game does using the file Ip.exe (infopro system information application) when i run the application the benchmark results show cpu as 0 and with an X next to it (the requirement being 80586)

I feel like this should be something that is in so wise fixable - all i need to do is get the Ip.exe program to read my CPU as a higher truer setting (i run windows 10 64bit i7 3ghz 16gb ram 2gb geforce 860m)

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. I have had similar issues with EA games like Nascar Simracing but i got those fixed by changing the 3dsetup program to one from another ea game, if there was a new Ip.exe version that wouldb great but i couldnt find anything)

Reply 1 of 2, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Like most older games the first hurdle is to circumvent the copyprotection in order to get them to run. Newer and updated versions of Windows tend to block things like Safedisk, older Securom, Tages and the worst offender Starforce.
I know I could never get SBK 2000 to run without a crack even though I have a legitemate copy of the game.