VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guys, has someone ever tried to pick up from where Mech2.org left, and Tried to update the MW2SHELL.DLL into the modern windows architecture?
i still keep hearing that all of mechwarrior 2 and Mercs compatibility problems in modern windows are caused by this single DLL file.

i know a guy who is working on a DarkReign update project, and he kinda wants to look at it, but he has no idea of where 2 start.

Reply 1 of 2, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm unsure if anyone got far to hack fix the Shell, but one of the more pressing problems with Mechwarrior 2 under modern PC's is how bad the renderer itself behaves. Also execution rates need to be capped.

We already had someone fix the shell in Interstate '76, I wonder how much of the knowledge to fix that could apply to MW2?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 2 of 2, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DracoNihil wrote:

I'm unsure if anyone got far to hack fix the Shell, but one of the more pressing problems with Mechwarrior 2 under modern PC's is how bad the renderer itself behaves. Also execution rates need to be capped.

We already had someone fix the shell in Interstate '76, I wonder how much of the knowledge to fix that could apply to MW2?

it would be interesting to see that, Mech2.org has finally moved from the website to Discord, maybe they know more about it.