VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cobra!

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I decided to play through the Sam & Max Telltale games again, and I've been having a problem with running Season 2. The original exe requires the exe and makes the disc drive go crazy. Turns out it was using SecuROM.

So I tried an exe that doesn't require the disc, and all that shows up is a black screen and just hangs there.

fA0nOB4.png

Resource Monitor comes up empty and none of the compatibility modes I've tried have worked, and that's all the info I have.

What do I do?

Reply 1 of 4, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That happened to me with Steam versions and W10.

It doesn't hangs, it's awfully slow. It seemed to be related with how the game accesses the data (because the game stuttered every time it needed a new sound/animation/location). I addedthe executable to my antivirus exclusions (bitdefender free) and it worked as intended.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 4 of 4, by Cobra!

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, it turns out the cracked exes I downloaded are incompatible with the version of the game I have. It seems there were 2 versions of the game released physically. One titled "Sam & Max Season 2" and the one I have, "Sam & Max: Save The World". Which means my copy of the game is completely unplayable. I should track down the other version.