VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I installed State of Emergency recently and when I start the game I got a black screen. When I played the console versions the intro and credits arent black, so any solutions? Should I install codecs or such?

The Witch will never die!!! At least there is hope.
There's no one but you on my mind, searching for a perfect ending that we'll never find!

Reply 2 of 4, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried reinstalling the game then installing the indeo and and windows media 8 codecs but still doesnt even work.

There's no one but you on my mind, searching for a perfect ending that we'll never find!

Reply 3 of 4, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Abandoned Witch wrote on 2020-04-16, 09:37:

I tried reinstalling the game then installing the indeo and and windows media 8 codecs but still doesnt even work.

ZellSF wrote:

Check that you actually have the default Windows system codecs installed (meaning: check you have Windows Media Player on your system) and make sure to uninstall all other codecs.

Uninstall any codecs and codec packs you have installed (except Indeo since it's included with the game) and follow this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/1420 … ws-media-player

ffdshow and LAV filters are names of popular codecs you might need to uninstall.

Reply 4 of 4, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I followed your advice and it was the LAV codecs that caused the black screen, thanks for the advice though.