VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have some old games from the mid 90s, that supported Sound Blaster 16, AWE32, etc. which I would back them with my hardware. Now I want to emulate the sound quality which I would have reveoved from the mentioned cards. Are there emulators that I could use to emulate the old sound cards on mu system?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 3, by BardBun

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Getting GUS to work in DOSBox is easy, this is a DOSBox config example with C: being mounted as C:\Games\DOSBox\Games

[gus]
gus=true
gusrate=49716
gusbase=240
gusirq=5
gusdma=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

The "ULTRASND" folder is located at "C:\Games\DOSBox\Games\ULTRASND" and should contain all the required GUS files.

"ultradir=C:\ULTRASND" because "C:" is "C:\Games\DOSBox\Games"

Reply 3 of 3, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Oetker wrote on 2021-02-19, 10:54:

What do you mean by SB16 emulation, noise and MIDI bugs?

Yes. And also some early Windows games only support Sound Blaster.

BardBun wrote on 2021-02-19, 11:35:
Getting GUS to work in DOSBox is easy, this is a DOSBox config example with C: being mounted as C:\Games\DOSBox\Games […]
Show full quote

Getting GUS to work in DOSBox is easy, this is a DOSBox config example with C: being mounted as C:\Games\DOSBox\Games

[gus]
gus=true
gusrate=49716
gusbase=240
gusirq=5
gusdma=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

The "ULTRASND" folder is located at "C:\Games\DOSBox\Games\ULTRASND" and should contain all the required GUS files.

"ultradir=C:\ULTRASND" because "C:" is "C:\Games\DOSBox\Games"

I have used it in DOSBox but just as you mentioned it, I would want to know if DOSBox would work with a different irq,dma.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058