VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Elda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock fps cap in this game? Also it seems it has mouse smoothing and acceleration enabled - is there anyway to disable it?

Reply 2 of 4, by Elda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so now I have unlocked fps by deleting D3D9.dll which is a part of Dgvoodoo2 that i have installed. However FPS in game fluctuate at 30-60 randomly 😮 . But it still feels better. Now only thing is that mouse acceleration and smoothing. If anyone have a idea i would like to hear it.

Reply 3 of 4, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm sorry i haven't any advice, but am interested in what you running the game on?

i remember playing this many years ago, i think on a celeron 500 with a tnt2 card, and it all felt quite smooth at the time. The game itself was 'good but kinda not that good' i never finished it, i recall some maps being a little bland or unimaginative and sneaking around unheard is not something i enjoy much in games to be honest! I do have the sequel on disc, it was very cheap, might try that some time!

Reply 4 of 4, by Elda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am playing on :
Intel G3220 3.0 ghz
4 gb Ram
nvidia 620 GT (potato card 😁)

Game is unplayable unless i copy DDraw.dll, D3DImm.dll and D3D8.dll from DgVoodoo into game folder.

Long time ago i played it on P3 500 and Geforce 2. I was thinking that game feels weird with floaty cursor, but now i know thanks to pcgamingwiki that it has build in acceleration for mouse and some smoothing. I never finished game - i did hit a wall in last mission.