VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AZCharlie02

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After my workin Pentiium II system died, I tried to buikld a new computer that could run some ganes I saw on Phil's Comuter Lan: Tomb Raider ANgel f Darkness and Battlefiekd 1942. Both ganes seem to choke on my system. Here are my details:

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
Intel D865GLC motherboard
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
SoundBlaster Live 5.1 audio
512 MB RAM
Direct X 9.0c

The sound in Battlefield 1942 always runs as it should, but every time I get to the Options screen and click on "Video" The screen crashes and locks in some weird pattern. I've tried numerous settings of refresh rate and resolution, downgraded hardware acceleation, and reduced color depth to 16-bit. Nothing chnages the outcome. Now I'm wondering if there is someting basically wrong with my configuration.

A very similar resuilt occurs with TRAOD, a lockup of the video screen at the end of the opening movie. This is a far more powerful system than my older one--almost all my DOS games won't run--so maybe I need to find ways o slow it down. Any help is appreciated.

Reply 1 of 1, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

TRAOD runs super smooth with maxed out settings (anisotropic filtering and what not) in 1600x1200 on my Q9550 + HD7850, 32-bit version of Windows 10.
So... I don't think you need to slow down your system.
Be sure to have the latest patch installed, which is I believe build 52.