VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Rebel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok i have everything set up like the walk through to help get this game working through dosbox but i cant seem to get it to run cuz i get an error that says "This program requires Windows to run" or something there of. Now i was cerious because im running on a p4. 3.2 1g ram radeon 9800 and i have the game and its CD its just so old the computer doesnt recognize any of the programs. Im also running on XP of course. Ive tried copying the whole game from the cd itself and running it through dosbox and what not still no success. Can anybody help me get this game running, maybe ive missed something? Please your help would be much appricated.

Reply 2 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you trying to get this game working under Windows 3.1 in DosBox or the host system? Isn't this a Windows game? If so then you should use the host system if possible.

Some tips: http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/warlock.htm

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by Rebel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok so dos box is not going to work. thanks for that info that means i can stop playing with it but do you guys have any good ideas for alternatives? I'm playing with Windows Virtual PC but i dont understand on how to get the OS on the Vpc. If you guys have any ideas that would help. The link that was posted also doesnt help because i have no intentions on making a partition for a game over 10 years old and the suggestion of using dosbox is out of the window. common guys i need help here! I remember playing this game when i was 8 and now i found it again so im really really trying to play it. Any help will be much abliged

Reply 4 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well according to the above link:

"As with most Windows 3.1 programs, there are no essential problems with later Windows versions or fast computers. There are however a few minor problems"

So if you have the Windows version.....why not run it on windows? On Windows XP....without emulation.

If you have the DOS version then we can talk.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by Rebel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitbale for running MS-DOS and Mircosoft Windows applications." The same error i get every time i try and run it im assuming the file type is to old to recognize on xp maybe not but thats where my problem lies trying to run it through xp itself.