VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by moti10

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi
I have a cue/bin file of AOE disc.
when I run the game through 'Daemon Tools' for example, the music of the economy is MIDI music, not the music of the disc.
I burned the CUE file to a physical disc, and when I play the game on a physical drive, the background music plays from the disc.

Anyone know anything about this issue?
How to play the background music of the disc also on a virtual disc?

(The disc is recognized by the computer as an audio disc, not a DATA disc, and the autoplay does not work.)

Reply 1 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If using Win9x You need to use WDM drivers. For any OS you need to enable digital CD audio
Phil's got a video on this, you can skip to 4:50 to show how to check which driver type your using and enabling Digital Audio
https://youtu.be/XtdbewqZ4qI

Reply 2 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This forum isn't for Win9x users, so maybe not post advice assuming he can't read?

It's probably the old "CDDA games will only play audio from the first drive" thing. moti10: reorder your drives so the virtual drive is assigned the first letter.

Reply 3 of 6, by moti10

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much. it's work.

But I have already installed the game via drive E, and now that the drive has been changed to D it does not recognize a disc in the drive. How do I change it without reinstalling the game (so as not to lose progress in the game.), And without using two virtual drives?

Reply 6 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's an issue with CD audio playback and newer operating systems. There's a discussion about it here:
MCI cdaudio not repeating (looping) on modern Windows systems
The best way to deal with it is to rip the tracks to audio files and use DxWnd to emulate CD audio, but if you want to use physical (or virtual I guess) drives then the only alternative is this:
https://github.com/dippy-dipper/cdaudio-winmm
which isn't all that pretty (see limitations).