VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by fed1943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for disturbing you.I had a AMD Athlon 2000+ 512 Mb RAM DDR and Mobo MSI SIS 745.Now is AMD64 3000+Ghz2.0 and Mobo ASRock K8 Upgrade 760Gx. Both with Windows XP Prof.SP2.Now,when I tried to install CaesarIII(from 1998)it says E:\is not a valid Win32 application.
I followed the two advices from El Pusher and Minimax in Deep Thought - 16 bit subsystem error... but,no avail.(The day and hour quoted for the CONFIG.NT and AUTOEXEC.NT changed,showing that it has been copyed,but the problem persisted).
So,I am asking for your help,please.
Best regards,

just younger than computers

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I take it you are installing from cd... Is the CD readable?

Sounds like the system trying to use a corrupted executable, either due to bad reading or something worse.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by fed1943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your answers,El Pusher.Yes,I tried the installation from the CD;
and the CD seems good because I could install and run in another computer(the said AMD Athlon 2000+,now with Windows 98SE).
About Microsoft´s page,I don´t think to be the problem,because the computer just have one user account,mine,as administrator.(Unless I did some nasty thing,without notyicing).Anyways,I cannot try the Workaround,because it doesn´t install and the progam´s name never appears,just the letter of the drive;and the software manufacturer (Sierra) no longer exists.
So,please,is there something to be done?
Best regards,
So,please,

Reply 4 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This Microsoft's knowledge base link as many others, suggest installation may be corrupted.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 5, by fed1943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your answer and your time,El Pusher.
I went to the MS´pages "Games:Error Message:Not a valid Win32 application" and "How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP" and followed all the told steps,but I always received the same error message (E:\is not a valid Win32 application) when I tried to install the game.
I also tested the CD ROM and it is fine.
Are there something to be done,please?
Best regards,