VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Using the GOG version of Messiah on Windows 11 and while the Fear Factory music is turned on and the GOG version uses OOG and Orbis audio it does not seem to work at all. I checked PCGamingWiki, GOG Forums, and even Steam but no one seems to be talking about this. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue and if they know of any fixes?

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 1 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Presbytier wrote on 2022-06-19, 19:53:

Using the GOG version of Messiah on Windows 11 and while the Fear Factory music is turned on and the GOG version uses OOG and Orbis audio it does not seem to work at all. I checked PCGamingWiki, GOG Forums, and even Steam but no one seems to be talking about this. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue and if they know of any fixes?

I will try with a retail copy tomorrow. Maybe their winmm.dll wasn't the best and the sound is thus not working

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay I have the game and my issue is different. The game crashes before entering the menu. The game only works in Safe Mode where there is no sound except the CD audio, so the OGGs should work. Could you show the Messiah directory to see what the replacement winmm.dll is?

Reply 3 of 5, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-20, 05:44:

Okay I have the game and my issue is different. The game crashes before entering the menu. The game only works in Safe Mode where there is no sound except the CD audio, so the OGGs should work. Could you show the Messiah directory to see what the replacement winmm.dll is?

The game is notoriously hard to get running unfortunately. I have the CD version too but can only get the GOG version running. Here is the file structure. There is a separate folder further down with the music.

Attachments

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 4 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Presbytier wrote on 2022-06-20, 15:14:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-20, 05:44:

The game is notoriously hard to get running unfortunately. I have the CD version too but can only get the GOG version running. Here is the file structure. There is a separate folder further down with the music.

Use DxWnd. First enable Expert mode from the Menu bar. In the profile for the game, select Hook mode as Injetc DLL in "Hook" tab and "Use audio files" in "CDaudio" tab. To create a new profile, right click anywhere in DxWnd UI and click on Add .

Reply 5 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay I was able to run the D3D version with parameter '+!'.

Now I am able to test it. Maybe I can test if you provide some saves of the game