VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by miller11568

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to play RoboCop (2003) by Titus Software, but I got this error even if my ISO is in the virtual drive:

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Or perhaps I can reinstall the game?

Attachments

Reply 3 of 4, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The game seems to utilize Tages copy protection, which works by installing Windows drivers.

As with most optical disc-based copy protection systems (such as SafeDisc, StarForce, etc.), Tagès installs its own device drivers as a part of the copy protection system. The Tagès device drivers are installed on the first launch of any Tagès-protected application.

This probably won't work on modern versions of Windows anymore.
Try to use a patched executable (NoCD).

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 4 of 4, by miller11568

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
schmatzler wrote on 2022-10-03, 10:37:
The game seems to utilize Tages copy protection, which works by installing Windows drivers. […]
Show full quote

The game seems to utilize Tages copy protection, which works by installing Windows drivers.

As with most optical disc-based copy protection systems (such as SafeDisc, StarForce, etc.), Tagès installs its own device drivers as a part of the copy protection system. The Tagès device drivers are installed on the first launch of any Tagès-protected application.

This probably won't work on modern versions of Windows anymore.
Try to use a patched executable (NoCD).

I tried a no-CD executable by iMMERSiON, but I got a same error: pb chargement drivers, ré-installer le jeu