VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 22 of 26, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can check Event Viewer and see if any events are logged at the same time and see if they're related. Or try to use Process Explorer / Process Monitor to find out what the last thing it did before it crashed was.

Reply 23 of 26, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote on 2022-11-03, 10:45:

You can check Event Viewer and see if any events are logged at the same time and see if they're related. Or try to use Process Explorer / Process Monitor to find out what the last thing it did before it crashed was.

I used Process Monitor and saw some SMT related stuff going on before the exe crashed, so I thought that disabling all the cores in the BIOS minus four (making it a 4 core/8 thread system) would help. Did that and it started instantly, woot! So it seems like it WAS related to the CPU, but simply parking the e-cores through the game compatibility option in the BIOS wasn't enough.

Hell, even tested it by enabling all the P-Cores and only 8 E-Cores to emulate a 12900k, and it still worked! So, I was right about it being CPU related!

Reply 25 of 26, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote on 2022-11-03, 22:45:

Hmm try leaving all cores enabled and try start /affinity 1 moha_setup.exe

That works as well.
It seems this problem starts at exactly 32 cores. Using different CPU affinity masks which result in 31 cores (such as having it launch just with all cores minus core 0/1/2/3/etc) lets it launch no problem.

Reply 26 of 26, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

*24 cores. Your CPU has 24 cores and 32 threads.

My CPU (AMD 5950x) has 32 threads too, but does not have this issue. Seems Intel really likes introducing weird compatibility issues lately? At least the fix is easy and not too harmful in terms of performance.

I wonder how older Intel 32 thread CPUs fare. I'm guessing better.