VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by braindead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to play Kingpin Life of Crime on Windows 11. I mounted the cue/bin file of the game CD-ROM as a virtual Drive and then installed the game.
After I did that the game refused to start because the game said that the CD-ROM is not inserted.
This means the game does not recognize the virtuaully mounted CD-ROM Drive.
My windows 11 has a real physical DVD Drive called D: and a virtual BD-ROM Drive called F:
What can I do make the game detect the mounted CD?

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Make sure that the virtual drive is the first drive. The v7 unofficial patch removes the CD check as well as fixing a lot of other things.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 5, by braindead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used the command "diskmgmt.msc" on my windows run menu.
The Physical DVD Drive is called disk 0 DVD (D:) and the virtual drive is called disk 1 DVD (F:)
Is there anything I need to do in order to change the virtual drive into my primary drive?
Please can someone explain to me on how it works.

Reply 4 of 5, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
braindead wrote on 2022-11-05, 10:20:
I used the command "diskmgmt.msc" on my windows run menu. The Physical DVD Drive is called disk 0 DVD (D:) and the virtual drive […]
Show full quote

I used the command "diskmgmt.msc" on my windows run menu.
The Physical DVD Drive is called disk 0 DVD (D:) and the virtual drive is called disk 1 DVD (F:)
Is there anything I need to do in order to change the virtual drive into my primary drive?
Please can someone explain to me on how it works.

Right click on the "disk 0 DVD (D:)" square (left part of the screen) > change drive letter and paths > change > assign the following drive letter and choose a free letter further down the alphabet, maybe G:?
This will free D:. Do the same for the virtual drive and assign D: to it.