VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by miller11568

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The whole level is completely foggy even if I use dgVoodoo. Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.

FarCry 2023-09-01 19-01-26-405.jpg
Filename
FarCry 2023-09-01 19-01-26-405.jpg
File size
38.86 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 9 of 16, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
miller11568 wrote on 2023-12-28, 16:27:

Are there ways to fix the foggy level using a hex editor instead of patching to 1.4?

Why do you want to fix the problem yourself with a hex editor when there is already a patch available that fixes the problem?
Sounds a bit counter intuitive.

Reply 10 of 16, by Rodney Betters

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2024-01-09, 17:21:

Are there ways to fix the foggy level using a hex editor instead of patching to 1.4?

Why do you want to fix the problem yourself with a hex editor when there is already a patch available that fixes the problem?

Probably because patch 1.4 breaks the enemy AI, allowing them to see through certain models like tents. I'm curious though - what causes this fog issue? Never seen it before.

Reply 11 of 16, by FX506

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Rodney Betters wrote on 2024-01-12, 18:00:

Probably because patch 1.4 breaks the enemy AI, allowing them to see through certain models like tents. I'm curious though - what causes this fog issue? Never seen it before.

The tent glitch can be fixed with a patch though.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/tent-ai-bug-fix

Reply 13 of 16, by Rodney Betters

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
FX506 wrote on 2024-01-12, 19:16:

That patch appears to only fix the tent issue. Like I said, the AI can see through multiple objects, not just the tents. The first comment on the page says, "but it doesn't fix AI seeing through WOODEN HOUSES". There were other arbitrary changes made in patch 1.4 like how much damage vehicles take to destroy and how certain weapons behave, which the user patch does not address at all.

Reply 14 of 16, by FX506

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Rodney Betters wrote on 2024-01-13, 00:05:
FX506 wrote on 2024-01-12, 19:16:

That patch appears to only fix the tent issue. Like I said, the AI can see through multiple objects, not just the tents. The first comment on the page says, "but it doesn't fix AI seeing through WOODEN HOUSES". There were other arbitrary changes made in patch 1.4 like how much damage vehicles take to destroy and how certain weapons behave, which the user patch does not address at all.

Sorry, I overlooked that. I only played the 64 bit version with the Enhancement pack so far, which doesn't have those issues (although those patch should only be installed on an unpatched retail copy, the GoG copy of the game will exhibit glitches like missing textures if you install over it, since its already at 1.4 + GoG's own tent fix).

Reply 15 of 16, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FX506 wrote on 2024-01-13, 12:21:

Sorry, I overlooked that. I only played the 64 bit version with the Enhancement pack so far, which doesn't have those issues (although those patch should only be installed on an unpatched retail copy, the GoG copy of the game will exhibit glitches like missing textures if you install over it, since its already at 1.4 + GoG's own tent fix).

Have you had any issues with those versions? PCGamingWiki claims that the game may crash on the Rebellion level near lighthouse, as well as blurry mountain rock textures (beginning of the Pier map is one of the places this shows up).

Reply 16 of 16, by FX506

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TheMLGladiator wrote on 2024-01-13, 15:44:
FX506 wrote on 2024-01-13, 12:21:

Have you had any issues with those versions? PCGamingWiki claims that the game may crash on the Rebellion level near lighthouse, as well as blurry mountain rock textures (beginning of the Pier map is one of the places this shows up).

IIRC, the blurry rock textures are there, and they create an even worse looking glitch if you install the 64 bit patch over the digital, pre-patched versions, as they will be replaced by a red "Replace me" placeholder texture. Regarding the Rebellion level glitch, I just passed that level (currently at the next level, Archives), went into the lighthouse then out, and it didn't crash at any point. I'm running the game on a Gigabyte B550 mobo with an 5600, an RTX 3060 12GB, 32GB ram, Windows 11 with latest patches. Game is the retail version with 64 bit patch + 64 bit enhancement patch + Silent Patch + Thirteenag windescreen patch. All graphics settings are at max. The game runs perfectly, saw a random frame drop in an indoor are on the Regulator level, but otherwise no frame rate or other issues.