VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently replaced my GTX460 with a GTX1660. All is fine except for missing black textures on DX 5 and 6 games. Using dgvoodoo2 in these games fixes the issue, but in a few cases other non-graphical related issues arrise. This never happened with my GTX460. I'm on Win 7 64 bits using the 474.11 drivers, which were the latest I could use without having the yellow exclamation mark on the device manager. Does anyone know if it's a driver issue and which version introduced this problem? If not, is there a control panel/nvidia profile inspector setting that fixes it? I also noticed that on lower camera angles these black textures are still visible.

Reply 1 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't say if it's a driver issue or not. My 1050Ti is around 7 months old at this point and I don't recall seeing such issues.

It can also be a generational problem: but I don't recall reading those either

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 3 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2024-01-02, 17:43:

Monster Truck Madness 1 and 2 and Gpolice are some games that I faced these textures issues. Haven't noticed on others so far.

Oh those could be the color key issue. The issue also exists in Hellbender. They weren't present in earlier gpus.

To specify, the black screen gets corrupted with other stuffs on screen?

There's nothing much other than using dgVoodoo2.

Reply 4 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-01-02, 20:44:
Oh those could be the color key issue. The issue also exists in Hellbender. They weren't present in earlier gpus. […]
Show full quote

Monster Truck Madness 1 and 2 and Gpolice are some games that I faced these textures issues. Haven't noticed on others so far.

Oh those could be the color key issue. The issue also exists in Hellbender. They weren't present in earlier gpus.

They're mainly absent on most camera angles, eg. you can see trough the deeper tire cuts on MTM1 as they're completely absent.

Reply 5 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2024-01-02, 21:14:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-01-02, 20:44:
Oh those could be the color key issue. The issue also exists in Hellbender. They weren't present in earlier gpus. […]
Show full quote

They're mainly absent on most camera angles, eg. you can see trough the deeper tire cuts on MTM1 as they're completely absent.

A screenshot could help... I don't have the necessary computer to check this one right now, but maybe my memory remembers

Reply 6 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, why didn't I think of that before. There you go (sorry for the smoke, it's in the way of the partially invisible tires, but it's very clear on the corner signs):

MTM.png
Filename
MTM.png
File size
227.53 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 7 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2024-01-04, 04:31:

Yes, why didn't I think of that before. There you go (sorry for the smoke, it's in the way of the partially invisible tires, but it's very clear on the corner signs):
MTM.png

Yes that's it. Color key issues.

It's coded in driver as to what color key represents what color. When that's changed, the result is changed. dgVoodoo2 fixes it.

There's nothing much doable, unless you try some of the earlier drivers for the card and see if anything changes.

Reply 8 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-01-04, 04:52:
Yes that's it. Color key issues. […]
Show full quote
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2024-01-04, 04:31:

MTM.png

Yes that's it. Color key issues.

It's coded in driver as to what color key represents what color. When that's changed, the result is changed. dgVoodoo2 fixes it.

There's nothing much doable, unless you try some of the earlier drivers for the card and see if anything changes.

I guess you're right. nVidia has a long time tradition of breaking older stuff as they reach the end of support for a certain OS. At least this time there are workarounds.