VOGONS

First post, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi

i received a Mach64 ISA card this morning, looks nice! Does anyone have any information on this card or know any links. I have looked, but found hardly any at all. I see empty chip sockets that look like for the vid mem so i guess i can upgrade the vid ram to whatever using certai memory chips. I know this Mach64 ISA has 1mb RAM by default. I am using this card as part of my old Amiga 4000/PC hybrid project! 😁

Regards

Reply 1 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i wonder if this ATI chip still has the scrolling prob... as I said on EAB, try a commander keen game (3+) and report on the motion...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Speaking of ISA ATI cards, what's with that weird connector that some of them have on the edge of the card opposide the ISA connector? Looks like, oh, one of these:
1211.jpg

Reply 3 of 4, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is an 8-bit feature connector. See here for details.
ATI cards had their own proprietary feature connector, the ATI Multimedia Channel (AMC).

Reply 4 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

that connector allowed other cards like a tv-tuner/mpeg decoder to write direclty to the vga's VRAM, like modern tv-tuners do through DMA... ISA was not speedy enough to allow such transfers, so they invented a more direct way

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website