VOGONS

First post, by Sfan00

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

<DELETED>

Last edited by Sfan00 on 2008-08-19, 22:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 13, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

But why bother with ReactOS then? Why not run a Linux flavor right away and try to run every Windows application with WINE and for those that don't run a virtulaizer and your Windows OS inside...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 13, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Sfan00 wrote:

As some people on this forum may be aware ReactOS (www.reactos.org) is attempting to rimplment the NT kernel and W32 API using only 'free' code.

Wait, wait. I missed this thread on the first place, but this might be interesting....

I'm just thinking; despite its original goal to implement NT kernel, is it possible that some later version of ReactOS can run Win9x games better than WindowsXP? I think it'll be interesting if Win9x-only games like Magic The Gathering and Tiberian Sun (which don't run on XP) can run on ReactOS.

Yup, I know it's still in alpha status now, but I remember those days when DOSBOX could only run early DOS games.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 10 of 13, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sfan00 wrote:

WINE is for GNU/LINUX - There isn't a portof the 16 bit code stuff for NT like OS yet...

At least not that I KNOW of 😀

It's the second time that I read that thing today. In www.winehq.org, there are binaries for Windows, but I haven't tried...

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 12 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What was the name of that program which sort-of ran DOSBox under DOS but was mainly meant for Windows console programs? I seem to recall it had some support for 16-bit Windows stuff. (I hope my memory isn't playing wild tricks on me.)