VOGONS

First post, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have started using a GUS PnP version 3 I bought some time ago, everything works fine except my joystick input isn't recieved by the card.
the gravutil says my joyport is working fine but when I test buttons and joystick axis nothing happens...sane in games when I calibrate the joystick...nothing happens....have I missed some switch in the card init in my autoexec.bat?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 1 of 4, by StickByDos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did you managed to use a joystick with another card in this pc ?
Do you have an io card in this pc ? Some have joystick port which can't be disabled.

Type win to loose the power of your computer !

Reply 2 of 4, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
StickByDos wrote:

Did you managed to use a joystick with another card in this pc ?
Do you have an io card in this pc ? Some have joystick port which can't be disabled.

Hi,

Yes..with the oboard Yamaha soundchip and joyport which is now disabled in the BIOS

In win98 I can see the GUS PnP joyport in device manager but it's disabled there
I can't see anywhere in the GUs manual how to enable the joyport...

Reply 3 of 4, by samudra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd try it in another PC.

The ultrainit program for the GUS (MAX) does have a parameter to enable/disable the Joystick port (-EJ and -DJ respectively), but since the joystick port is shown in device manager it has to be enabled already.

Is there a resource conflict indicated in the properties of the port?

I'm guessing the onboard port, eventhough it is disabled, uses the port address. I've seen this before on an IO card I have. It has an onboard FDD controller, but disabling this controller does not automatically free up the address. In fact it keeps conflicting with any other active FDD controller on any other card no matter what.

Reply 4 of 4, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
samudra wrote:
I'd try it in another PC. […]
Show full quote

I'd try it in another PC.

The ultrainit program for the GUS (MAX) does have a parameter to enable/disable the Joystick port (-EJ and -DJ respectively), but since the joystick port is shown in device manager it has to be enabled already.

Is there a resource conflict indicated in the properties of the port?

I'm guessing the onboard port, eventhough it is disabled, uses the port address. I've seen this before on an IO card I have. It has an onboard FDD controller, but disabling this controller does not automatically free up the address. In fact it keeps conflicting with any other active FDD controller on any other card no matter what.

Going to try the GUS PnP card in another PCI socket 7 mobo I have 😀

I'm starting to suspect the onboard joyport too, I disabled the onboard Yamaha OPL/XG audio but I didn't see an option to disable the onboard joyport 😜