VOGONS

First post, by wolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know alot of monitors are starting to appear at 120hz capable, and I have a Samsung 1920x1080 120hz LCD TV, so my question is this, can we get windows to allow for 120hz? or anthing at all above 60hz?
I use the nVida 8800GTX and trying to make custom resolutions got a failure.

Reply 4 of 8, by wolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I searched their sight but they do not have drivers. I use DVI to HDMI. With research they said there is no lose in quality using DVI to HDMI cables, the out put will stay the same except will not have audio support. Which I already knew.

Reply 5 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you using a real 120hz monitor or a fake 120hz monitor? If you're using a real one there should be two DVI cables that you need to use. If you're using a fake one it won't be much use for gaming.

Reply 7 of 8, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There aren't any real 120 Hz TVs. They're all marketing "120 Hz," which is what they're calling their gimmick of inserting a black frame between 60 Hz or interpolating, and "240 Hz" TVs are what they are calling interpolating three times between each real frame. There are real 120 Hz monitors though, but are currently only offered at 22" with 1680x1050 resolution for ~ $350. Interpolating shouldn't be bad, as you actually see interpolated frames but it's really weak to call the insert a blank screen gimmick 120 Hz.