VOGONS

Star Control 3 Not Working

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by NostalgiaKing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(Yes, MiniMax, I have re-posted here. Some LOSER with no life wants to lock my legtimate question. Does not even discuss it with me...what a w*****. Maybe he would not discuss it because he is dumb, and doesn;t have a point.)

Hello to everyone except MiniMax the Nazi.

I downloaded StarControl3.

I type sc3 and it says :

"ERROR _ unable to open the voice file on the CDROM. Verify that the cdrom is in the drive. You also might want to check the VOCDATA path in legend.ini"

I checked legend.ini .... and could not make it work.

I have sc3 installed on My c:

I have tried putting the files on a d: (using the mount -t cdrom command) and even changing the legend.ini files to location...still doesnt work

HELP!!!!!!!!!

>In case Mr LOSER is reading this, I reply to him/her :

>Re: Star Control 3 problems :: 2009-7-31 @ 01:37 pm
>MiniMax
>Flatulent member, Janitor

>Since you are using an illegal copy
Er....exactly how can you claim that? I downlaoded full-version Monopoly from SpinTopGames last month too, is that also an "illegal copy"? Get your facts straight.

>I suggest you take your questions to the place you obtained it.
VOGONS is a forum for old games, so I choose to take my question here. You can mind your own business.

>Experience tells me, that your problem is not caused by a problem with DOSBox, but with how the copy was made.
There are non-dosbox questions at Vogons, pal. If YOU dont want to answer my questions, fine. DONT TELL EVERYONE ELSE WHAT TO THINK AND DO BY BLOCKING MY POSTS.

>The question you need to ask yourself now is this:
Really. Like, you would know. If that chip on your shoulder gets any bigger, you'll walk over to one side.

>Is my time spent in getting this illegal copy
What proof do you have that it is an illegal copy? Your sixth sense or something? Besides, just HOW do you define an illegal copy? How I spend my time is nothing to do with you, legal or illegal.

>to work in DOSBox worth more to me, than the costs of buying a legally >licensed copy of the game on eBay, Amazon or some other reputable >site?
Did you originate on another planet?
Seriously, your rant about legally licenced copies makes no sense. You know nothing about the transaction. You know nothing about the country I live in and the laws that may or may not apply to said transaction. You obviously dont understand the law. You might know the law(probably not), but you dont understand it. What price I pay for, how I recieve abandonware is none of anyone's business, especially yours.

Even if it was an "illegal copy" ... why would you even care? People have copies of video, music in thier homes all over the world. You are not legally resposible for my copy.....so go away and find something better to do. Like I said, if you don't want to help, that fine. Let others make thier own choces.

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thread closed.

Learn the difference between retail, freeware, copyright infringement, and so called "abandonware".

We don't care about the laws in your country.
We don't care what you think is right.

Go to where you downloaded SC3 for help as was suggested before. We provide no support for so called "Abandonware".

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline