VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

While I was browsing some ads, I saw a person selling a p200 machine with a "syba adapter that added usb2 and ps2 ports" ... so I googled it and found it here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … N82E16815124045

15-124-045-02.jpg

it seems like an onboard usb->ps2 adapter , but in the comments there is a person saying that it worked in his 486dx2 ... maybe the ports are real ones? I see there is a gal of some sorts behind them... unlikelly but I can only speculate...
anyone saw/used one of these cards? if the ps2 ports are real they can be very usefull!!!

edit: and here is the product's page on syba.com:
http://it.us.syba.com/product/43/01/SD-NECPS- … 2PS2/index.html
it states: PCI USB 2.0 (NEC Chipset) + PS2 (Chesen Chipset) Port Card

edit2: bah, chesen chipset is just a usb<->ps2 bridge... was too good to be true 🤣

Reply 1 of 5, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had something very similar to that in an old Commate AT system years ago when USB was a new thing! It had USB 1.0 ports (or 1.1?) and also had PS/2 mouse and keyboard connections.... I cannot remeber the manufacturer but it looked a bit different to the one in your picture (mine was a bigger card).

As far as i remeber all i needed were the USB drivers for windows and i assumed the PS/2 ports were automatically assigned resources in the system bios as they worked without needing to do anything.... but it was a few years ago!

EDIT: i remember now, it came from an old Dell system (not sure if it was a standard part though?)

Reply 3 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

really? maybe I get one from eBay and test the ps2 ports in pure DOS...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 5, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am quite certain the PS/2 ports will work fine... or it would just be a standard USB adapter. The one i used had USB support in Windows 98 and i had both a keyboard and mouse plugged into the PS/2 ports and i am sure the card you have found is basically the same thing i used to have but just looks a bit smaller (could be a newer revision?)