VOGONS

First post, by gordan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm booting a HDD image (for genuine DOS 6.22), but then I can't mount the CDs. How can I expose the CD-ROM drive (or an image) to DosBox so that it is available after booting an OS image? mount and imgmount are no longer available once the OS image is booted.

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can't. Best you can do is to either start coding or to use a virtual CDROM drive inside of DOSBox using a 3rd party tool.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wait, there's a Daemon Tools type of tool for DOS?

Edit: Interesting, apparently SHSUCDX can do it: http://www.geocities.com/jadoxa/shsucdx/

I think that util may be included with FreeDOS, but I'm not sure.

Reply 3 of 5, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

to use a cdrom in dos 6.22 you have to a line in autoexec.bat and one in config.sys
and a cdrom driver

im sure someone here can supply one for you and tell you how to edit the 2 files

eg:
in autoexec.bat :
C:DOS\MSCDEX.EXE /D:123

in config.sys:
DEVICEHIGH=C:\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:123 (rename MTMCDAI.SYS to whatever your cdrom driver is called)

ps: from your first post it looks like your trying to run msdos 6.22 from within dosbox ???
this is a bad and silly thing to do

Reply 5 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Davros wrote:

ps: from your first post it looks like your trying to run msdos 6.22 from within dosbox ???
this is a bad and silly thing to do

no it's not 😜 it's a tradeoff - you get better DOS support and the ability to use HDD images in exchange for not being able to access any of DOSBox's built-in commands like mount/imgmount.