VOGONS

Trouble with Hard Drivin' and D-Fend

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by krasse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have downloaded several versions of the game Hard Drivin' 2 and tried with D-Fend as recommended on the page I downloaded it from.

I cannot get the game to work.
I am able to load it, but after the first screen, it says I have to chose between 5 differens views. But I cannot chose one, the game do no start.

I have tried Wolfenstein and this seems to work.

Anyone have a clue?

Greetings
Krasse

Reply 2 of 6, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just buy a real copy from ebay, mount your floppy drive in dosbox, and install the game like you would on an actual dos-based computer. Hopefully, it should work. If you don't have a floppy drive, buy a USB one and hook it up. 😀

Reply 4 of 6, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

krasse: you have just touched a nono in saying "I just downloaded etc." cause there is one clear rule we all here have to obey whether we like it or not. We do not talk about abandonware here. And that is one rule all of us has to obey , even though some of us here does not agree with the laws about abandonware. But rules are rules, and this rule is unbreakable here. Whether I or any one else likes it or not. Hell, if you gave a link, then it would be autoban.

Reply 5 of 6, by krasse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's not that I use torrents. I just searched for the game and found it on the Internet. What's the problem with that? o_0
And I do not know what abandonware is.
I was informed about this forum on the page where I downloaded D-Fend.