VOGONS

First post, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My dad's been collecting computer hardware over the years from a ton of computer upgrades (from the early 90's to present day), and he and I both decided it's time to let go and sell these cards off to people who will probably get better use out of them.

VIDEO CARDS

Diamond Stealth Video 2500 - PCI, don't know much about this card, but it boots and seems to display graphics properly.

Creative CT6170 - Don't remember the boxed brand of the card, but it runs on the NVIDIA Riva TNT chipset, I believe it has 16 MB of memory (whether RAM or VRAM is unknown to me), and is for AGP.

STB Lightspeed 128 - A PCI Super VGA card running on the Tseng Labs ET6000 chipset. Probably great for anything that needs VESA support.

3DFX Voodoo Banshee - PCI video card with 16 MB memory. Boots and displays graphics properly; could not test 3D rendering however.

ASUS MX440 - A Geforce 4 MX 440, with 128 MB of memory, for AGP slots. It should be stressed that this is the budget GeForce 4; its feature set does not include Pixel Shader support.

3DFX Voodoo 4 - AGP video card with 32 MB memory. Works excellently.

ELSA Erazor III Pro - AGP-based NVIDIA TNT 2, I'm guessing 32 MB of memory. Worked great in Ubuntu; should work fine in Windows with appropriate drivers (you might need to do some digging around; I'm not sure how old NVIDIA's drivers database goes). I don't have pictures of this one for some reason...

ASUS V7100 AGP - An AGP-based NVIDIA GeForce 2 (MX? GTS? I'm not sure) with 64 MB of memory on it. Ran Ubuntu quite well.

Matrox (Millenium?) - A dual-head capable video card. Has two VGA ports, bears Matrox copyright info dated year 2000. Probably a good card to piggyback onto another video card for those that want to run triple monitor setups. Worked great on testing.

ATI 3D Rage Pro - Not sure if this is the 4 MB or 8 MB version of the card; is a PCI video card. If you use this, be very careful about your monitor refresh rate settings! Seemed to work well from testing, but I can't vouch for the long-term effects of this card. I don't have any of the pack-in software that came with it anymore, sorry - this is just the card!

ATI Mach 64 GT(-B?) - PCI video card from ATI, running on the 3D Rage chipset. Could have as much as 8 MB RAM on it; never figured out how to check for that sort of thing. Works fine as tested, though.

Diamond Viper V550 - A 16 MB AGP video card running on the NVIDIA Riva TNT chipset. Still works very nicely; tested in Ubuntu to great results. This thing will slaughter any Direct3D/OpenGL-based game made before 2000.

SOUND CARDS

Sound Blaster Live! - PCI, I assume has 5.1 support, has 5 jacks on the back and a Gameport, confirmed to work (tested by booting an Ubuntu 9.04 live CD).

Sound Blaster 16 ISA - I've got three of these, and I'm unable to test them because I don't have any more computers in the house with ISA slots. I do recall them all working, however. One of these cards has the audio cable to connect it to a CD-ROM drive, in case anybody needs that.

Sound Blaster AWE64 - This card supports wavetable MIDI as an AWE32, and is for ISA interface only, so I am unable to test it, though I recall it working great the last time I used it.

Sound Blaster X-Fi - I don't remember what exact type of X-Fi this card is; it's PCI-based, has four audio jacks (two analog, one digital, one "Flexijack") and a bizarre extra port labelled AD_LINK (it should not be confused for a Gameport). It's a relatively recent sound card and supports EAX and SoundFont functions. The card works great, however drivers may be a problem.

OTHER CARDS

CH GameCard III Automatic - An ISA card bearing two Gameports, released by CH Products in 1990. Ever wonder why older DOS games ask you to calibrate Joystick 1 AND Joystick 2? Because cards like this existed! Hook up two 2-axis 2-button joysticks to your PC with this card. Unfortunately, it being ISA, I was unable to test it properly, and it might need a driver to work properly in most DOS systems.

US Robotics 56K Internal Modem Card - I believe this to be an ISA card, and I was unable to test it properly, but I don't recall this modem ever actually dying, so it may be of use to somebody.

Here's a picture gallery. Please excuse the rather amateurish quality of the photos; hopefully they're clear enough to give you the general idea.

Please let me know if you're interested in any of these and we can negotiate a price. Shipping charges will be ten dollars and I ship via UPS. Due to shipping complications, I may not be able to ship outside the United States. I'm willing to give it a try, but I cannot make any guarantees.

Last edited by wildweasel on 2010-02-01, 23:17. Edited 4 times in total.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 2 of 6, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey, im interested in the agp 32mb video card and the sound blaster awe64 sound card if they are still available. How much for them?

Rise of the Triad modding site!
http://rott.s4.bizhat.com

Reply 3 of 6, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
temptingthelure wrote:

Hey, im interested in the agp 32mb video card and the sound blaster awe64 sound card if they are still available. How much for them?

How about $35 for the video card, $20 for the AWE64? Shipping will probably work out to about $10.

Reply 4 of 6, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The list of cards has been updated with more cards Dad found and wanted to get rid of. Of particular note are the two ATI video cards, the CH Gamecard, and the Matrox Millenium for those of you wanting to run triple-monitor setups.